Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, April 3, 2015

Five for Friday: April


 fiveforfriday2_thumb3_thumb2_thumb


It’s the little things in life that make moments special. Here are a few small moments from my past few weeks.

Last week was my Spring Break. On our last day our PTA gave us orange sodas as a treat for our hard work. The staff felt appreciated and I dare saw even more excited for Spring Break!

I also hit another milestone last week. Tutoring officially ended for the school year. So as a thoughtful gift our math and reading coach gave the tutoring teachers sharpies. I was very excited and graded all reading, spelling, and math tests with these before break. I tutored reading Tuesday and Thursday mornings before school started. I’m glad to now have that time back to just focus on my classroom and also feel proud that my fourth graders are ready for their state test.


Speaking of my fourth graders preparing for their state test…it was the first days of our FSA testing for 3rd, 4th, and 5th this week. Another teacher and I took on the task on decoration the door and providing snacks for this fourth grade class. Here are the door decorations I made. “ Sail Through the Test” will hopefully encourage those sweeties to relax and do their best. I had many of these students in my class when they were in first.



This morning I woke up feeling great after a night of book club friendship. On my way to work I saw this beautiful sunrise. I don’t think the picture really even captures the pink and orange but the sky made me grateful and reflect on this Good Friday.



Lastly in class I had my students all pick an egg filled with jellybeans out of a basket. It was super important to them that they got the colored egg they wanted…oh little ones. They used the jellybeans to graph each color. It went perfectly with our graphing unit. The kids loved doing this jellybean math.
We even had this conversation, as we were packing up.
Student: “We didn’t do math today.”
Me: “Umm yes we did our jellybean math.”
Student: “Ohh wow! That was math! That was the most fun math!”



I love first graders sweet innocence and was reminding of that today through a simple fun activity. When I picked them up from music and was peeking in on them playing instruments, I thought to myself that I am lucky to have these kids.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Easter weekend. I can’t wait to hit the beach (hopefully the weather will hold out!) and enjoy time with family and friends. 



No comments:

Post a Comment