Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, August 18, 2013

The Night Before First Grade

Twas' the night before school started,
When all through the town,
The parents were cheering...
It was a riotous sound. 

By eight the kids were washed,
And tucked into bed,
When memories of homework,
Filled them with dread.

New pencils, new folders,
New notebooks, too,
New teachers, new friends
Their anxiety grew.

The parents just giggled,
When they learned of this fright,
And should, "Upstairs!
GO TO BED! IT'S A SCHOOL NIGHT!"
Unknown author


I'm sure parents all over my county are feeling this back to school glee. I'm also anxious for the school year to begin. I have everything all set up and ready to go for tomorrow and yet I'm still nervous. It is my sixth year of teaching and I don't think this feeling will ever change. You never know what the first day will bring. My best advice is over planning and including lots of fun activities and breaks. A positive and flexible attitude will get to you a long way. Just remember to fake it till you make it and get them home the right way! 


Here's to wishing everyone a fabulous first day back that is starting tomorrow. Can't wait to tell you all about my first day and week! I just hope I remember to take pictures to share with you all! 



No comments:

Post a Comment