Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, April 28, 2013

What I've been up to: Earth Day & Butterflies


The past for weeks have been super busy! I went to a friends wedding, on my bachlorette party, and have done  crossed off many things on my wedding to do list!

I wanted to share with you all a two things we've done this past couple of weeks. 
Earth Day writing:


We learned a lot about taking care of our planet and reducing, reusing, and recycling this past week. My students wrote about how to take care of our planet and about Earth Day.


Beautiful butterflies:



View when you enter my room. It's so happy! :)



My students made these beautiful butterflies after learning about the butterfly life cycle. It was a fun unit that my students learned so much from! We of course did a informative writing about the butterfly life cycle and then made these butterflies. If you are wonder I've had this butterfly pattern since I first started teaching. I traced the wings and the kids cut them out. It was difficult for them to cut the holes but I think it helped their fine motor skills. After they cut the wings they pasted the middle part for the body. Then they tore tissue paper and made sure they covered the holes. The students had to make sure the tissue paper was symmetrical. Lastly they put the antennas and eyes on. 

I can't wait to go into work tomorrow because we find out what our job assignments are for next year. I put down that I wanted to teach first grade again next year and really hope that I get to stay in first. My second choice was to be a reading coach for our school. We already have a reading coach but our school is growing and many school now have coaches for K-2 and another for 3-5. I had previously talked with my principal before putting this choice down. Now that we find out tomorrow though I'm sure that won't be my job next year because I wasn't ever interviewed and I would think she would have to do that before. My third choice was to teach 2nd grade. Although I've never taught 2nd only interned in that grade level I feel like it would be a good fit. I would love to just stay put in first though! I don't want to change rooms anymore! I've had to move rooms every year I've taught so I would love for just once to stay in the same room.

I'll let y'all know tomorrow what my assignment is for next year! When do you find out your assignments for next year? Do you already know where you will be?


Have a great Sunday night!



1 comment: