Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Formal Observation {Oh Monday!}


Tomorrow I have my formal observation! I'm very prepared my I still get butterflies in my stomach. I can't stop thinking about it right now which is of course why I'm telling all of you! I get so nervous when administration walks in with their iPads to check off everything we're doing and not doing and busily type notes. After a few minutes a calm down and get into my groove but it is like being camera shy at first. I think this is natural for most teachers.

I planned this fabulous math lesson on double digit subtraction which I'll tell you all about tomorrow. I would tell you now but I want to reflect on my lesson and how it all really went down. You know what worked and what didn't work...what was fabulous and what needed some more attention! Hopefully everything will go smoothly but you know when your teaching little ones anything could happen.

I've created a detective game call "Mystery Math" and some differentiated centers for this math lesson that I'll be sharing with you tomorrow.

I've already practiced my whole lesson. I'm not sure if other people do this or it is just me but I actually teach my entire lesson to an empty room. I know geek/crazy alert! I also think about what someone would say if they just walked in to me teaching away to no one...luckily for me no one ever has! 
I do this so I know I have everything I need ready to go in the room and know what words I should choose to say to make the most sense. I'll be "practicing" my lesson one more time in the morning before the kids arrive.

See I'm super prepared...I way over think these observation but it is just so important to me! Send over some teacher prayers at 12:15 tomorrow! I'll let you know how it all goes down tomorrow night!

Have a lovely Monday!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck on your observation tomorrow! I'll be waiting to hear all about it. I'm sure you will be great!

    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I'll be thinking of ya! I get nervous just thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for the details! I'm sure it went great!

    P.S I practice too! You are not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your observation went well! I just found your blog and your blog title had me hooked - can't wait to explore what you have to say about all things books and reading!

    Love to Learn

    ReplyDelete