Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Nightmare on School Street

Between trying to close on our house, my observation looming on Friday, a reading night at school on Thursday, the book fair this week, field day next week, a baby shower today, report cards, and spring break around the corner my mind has been going CRAZY! Now this week it has been crossing over to my dreams. I had a crazy dream that I actually moved into school. I had a loft above my classroom where I lived so I could always be working. (You know Kindergarten kids actually do believe you live there? Hehe) Then I had a dream my kids were standing on their chairs and desks when my principal came into for my observation. Last night I had a dream that my principal, reading coach, and two assistant principals all came in for my observation and I played a magic school bus video. My principal final turned it off going "I've had a enough of this. When are you going to get started with your actual lesson?" To which I was scrambling around on my computer looking for a powerpoint presentation while my kids were going nuts! Then I woke up heart beating and wanting to cry from disappointment- thanks goodness it was only a dream!

I can't wait for this Friday and formal observation to just get here so I can be done! I feel like this will take away a lot of the stress I've obviously been harboring! I guess I'm bottling it up and not letting it out enough either because I keep having these crazy dreams. Any suggestions on how to de-stress your body? I already do yoga 3 times a week and work out the other 4. I talk with my friends, co-workers, and my significant other about my day to de-stress. I'll have a glass of wine, write a million to do lists, and even got a massage last week. I mean how much more could I try to relax! Does anyone else ever feel like they have a million and one things on their plate?

P.S. Sorry for being so whining lately...I have so many things I want to share I'm just waiting to actually have time to upload pictures and documents.

8 comments:

  1. We all feel that way sometimes...hope things get easier and that your observation goes well! =)
    Jennifer
    First Grade Blue SKies

    ReplyDelete
  2. It never ends! Sometimes you just have one of those days. I'm on break but yesterday I had a total meltdown. Today is a little better. Online retail therapy is helping! Hang in there!
    Rowdy in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great advice-I love online shopping! I love coming home to presents at my door. Thanks for your support!

      Delete
  3. Wow you have some cool dreams! I hate evaluations too. Hope all goes well!
    Petersons-Pad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I have the wackiest dreams...I could probably write a book from them because they are so vivid. Thanks for your kind thoughts! I'm trying to hang in there!

      Delete
  4. oh you poor thing! I hate those kind of dreams! I hope Friday comes up quick for you so the observation will be over. You will do wonderfully, I know. I hardly ever follow my own advice and it's easier to say this when it's not you, but everything I ever worry about always works out fine in the end. I know this will be the case with your observation. Good luck Jess, I'm sending positive thoughts your way!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind words! I will try to follow your advice and be zen about this observation. I tend to over think and stress about observations/evaluations.Most likely because I'll always be on annual contract now and I know my job is never really secure. I just can't wait for it all to be OVER so I can find out if I'm teaching at the same school next year!

      Delete