Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, February 17, 2012

Teacher Bag {CFC Project Week #7}



PROMPT:
Show us your teacher "bag." What do you love about it? What do you wish was different? Dare to show us what's inside?

Oh yes I went there...I'm showing you the before and during pictures and inside of my bag. Don't judge me too much. ;)




Before pictures: 


Crammed full of stuff! 

My binder is so big you can barely tell what else is really crammed in there. I assure you it is too much!


During pictures: 

Eek! How did I let it get this bad. I mean I have my old ID in there, throat spray, and sprinkles just to name a few random items that don't need to be in there. These are the worst pictures but it  shows that my bag really needed to be clean out and organized! 

I really wish I could just keep this bag cleaner because I started just leaving it at school and not even taking it home because it's such a mess! How embarrassing!  






I had to dump the bag completely and sort through the mess.



Completely empty and gross! I had to clean this out! 




This is everything that came out of my bag. How did that much even fit in there?!? So then I sorted the stuff into piles. 

The piles are as follows: trash, things to file, things I need to put away at home and at school that don't belong in the bag, and things that actually go in the bag.


This is the trash pile... can't believe there was actually this much trash in my bag. This is pretty embarrassing! 

This is the stuff that actually stays in my bag permentaley. Crayons, scissors, and decorative pins for the outside of my bag. Yes, I know they are a little cheesy but kids have given them to me over the years and I like to keep them for each holiday change. That shamrock is up next. 

So I put everything away in my classroom that needed to be organized and then I put all the stuff I needed to take home that doesn't belong at school in this ziploc bag so it wouldn't stay in my bag. 


After picture:

This is my super clean bag now. I took one binder home to laminate things and then have my other must keep items for my bag too. I feel so much better now that this project is done! I hope my bag stays this clean and organized! I feel like the biggest step is just cleaning and if I organize little by little and each day like I have with every other project I can stay clutter-free!



23 comments:

  1. Looks great! I guess I should probably check mind out too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I still can't believe how much was in there! I think I'll make sure weekly it is cleaned out now!

      Delete
  2. haha I love that you had random stuff like throat spray and sprinkles in your bag because it means that I'm not the only one...My bags always get cluttered up! Thanks for being brave and sharing this..I can totally relate and I bet lots of others can, too!

    Kelly
    Kindergarten Kel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I can't believe how much I had in there! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. YAY for you!
    (Actually, I was impressed you were able to fit that much in there!)

    I bet you'll be able to find things a lot easier now... As I'm typing this, I am repeating those words to myself, as I look at my stuffed, overflowing bag...

    You continue to inspire me.

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I couldn't believe the amount of mess when I dumped my bag out! I'm glad you are inspired to keep going and de-clutter!

      Delete
  4. I'm amazed at how much you fit in there, but so impressed with how organized it ended up. Great work. Thanks for linking up!

    ❤Jodi from...
    ★★The Clutter-Free Classroom★★
    Helping Teachers Get Organized

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy I'm keeping up with everything and de-cluttering. It feels so good! Thanks for hosting each week!

      Delete
  5. Hey that's where my old ID was too! Nice job cleaning out your bag!

    Sara :)

    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  6. This makes me want to clean out my bag - actually I have two! I am on maternity leave for 7 more weeks and am dreading returning to my clutter. One bag is in the back of my trunk and has not moved since December 20th. The other bag is under my desk at school and actually had dust on it when I left for leave. They are both such a mess that I don't even use them anymore. Yuck...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also had 2 bags. I was forced to clean out the other bag before this because I needed to take in on a field trip and couldn't have it be a complete mess! One day when you have a little extra time (does this ever really?) just dump the stuff in those bags on your floor and you'll be forced to clean up the mess. It actually didn't take the long and the results are refreshing! Good luck and enjoy your maternity leave!

      Delete
  7. It is always amazing how much more we can pack into a bag that there appears to be remove for. My family refers to me as the tetris queen - I can get it all in there some how just give me a minute. It is amazing how often that trick has come in handy. Thanks for sharing.

    Misty @
    Think, Wonder, & Teach

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's too funny that you are refer to as the tetris queen. I love that game and yes I think teachers find a way to fit a lot of stuff into small spaces!

      Delete
  8. Your bag is super cute!! Good job getting it cleaned out. :)

    Marvelous Multiagers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It actually didn't take that long and I'm so happy with the results! :)

      Delete
  10. Hi Jess - great blog! I just found you! I will have to pop in often. Yes teacher bags can definitely get a little icky after a while that's for sure. Come on over and visit me I'm new to blogging and I teach first.
    ~ Vicky
    Traditions Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Vicky! Glad you're a follower now!

      Delete
  11. Your bag looks SO amazing now - how in the world do we collect so many things in our bags?? LOL - I actually had a garden flag in my bag - crazy, yes!

    ~Kimberlee~
    Two Fulbright Hugs
    Teacher Timesavers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how we collect so much junk! I've been making it a habit to keep that bag clean though so I don't find random items in it and it doesn't get too heavy!

      Delete