Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Favorite Things About Christmas



Here are some of my other favorite things
about Christmas...



1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate. As much as I love eggs Egg Nog just grosses me out.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa wraps the presents.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?  On my house I love colored lights-tastefully done of course. We have them on our trees and just around our doorways. I have white lights on my Christmas tree always though. 

 
4. Do you hang mistletoe? I never have and neither did my parents. I'm not even sure if I know where to find mistletoe. 

5. When do you put your decorations up? The first or second week of December. I love the Christmas season but I like to celebrate one holiday at a time. When we get a Christmas tree we decorate everything that day as a family and it makes it feel more special. 

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Hard to say...Christmas Eve we usually have lasagna before midnight mass and then on Christmas Day we have a giant feast. I love mashed sweet potatoes and the only time I ever have them is on Thanksgiving and Christmas. 
  
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Spending time at my grandparents house and running downstairs with my brother to see if it had snowed Christmas morning. Then running back upstairs and waking everyone in the house up so we could open presents. We always had cinnamon buns in the morning and then opened gifts.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I believe for soo long and finally just asked my mom because I was suspicious and pretty much already knew. She confirmed my belief on no real Santa and  I was so heartbroken. I love anything magic so I really wanted to believe he was real. 

 
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes, but just one present and my mom always got to choose which one. It usually turned out to be pajamas but I was still so excited. 

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? We have a bunch of handed down ornaments from our grandparents and parents. Most have lots of meaning to them and our special to us. I also have a lot of ornaments that my students have given me over the years which I adore. This year I got a pirate Santa (soo cute!) and an ornament with all my students thumb prints and initials (I just love my room mom!). 
 
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I guess I dread it because I would NEVER ever live anywhere where it would snow. I think it is beautiful and do love it in very small doses. It is great for a week but anything passed that and I'm hopping on a plane back to Florida. 
12. Can you ice skate? Yes I sure can! My parents grew up in Delaware and most of my family lives there so we would ice skate as a family. 

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My first real bike! It was so fun to be able to ride around the neighborhood. 
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you?  Spending quality time with family and friends. 

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Reese peanut butter cookies or apple pie. 

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Putting up the Christmas decorations: tree, lights outside, etc. 

17. What tops your tree? A star
 
18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? I love both! I love getting something unexpected that I totally end up loving. I love surprising others and seeing their reactions. I do not like when everyone watches me open presents because I show all emotions so you can pretty much tell right away if I don't like something before I can even try to cover up. 

19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum?  Yum, but I don't really eat many of them!

20. Favorite Christmas show? Elf, Love Actually, and Home Alone.

21. Saddest Christmas Song? I'll be Home for Christmas because everyone can't always be home or with their loved ones and that makes me sad.

22. What is your favorite Christmas song?  any Amy Grant song! I sing the whole CD with my Mom every year. This year my new sister in law revealed that she always sings Amy Grant Christmas songs with her Mom too! My Mom and I were so excited to sing with her and just loved how her tradition was the same as ours. 


What are your Chritmas favorites?!
feel free to copy this little survey so I can learn
 more about you, too! I got this from Katie over at Keep Calm and Carry On.

2 comments:

  1. I'm your Holly Bloggy Santa. :) I used my mom's address to keep the surprise. I hope you had a marvelous Christmas!


    Melly<><

    Stapler’s Strategies for Sizzlin' Second Graders!

    ReplyDelete