Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

11 in '11



My 11 in '11 




11. Favorite movie you watched: 
This is a recent favorite obviously because it just came out! I read this book and was anticipating this movie and it did not disappoint in the least. It was a great book and movie which is hard to say most of the time. 

10. Favorite TV series: True Blood



9. Favorite restaurant:
K Restaurant (wine bar) for fine dining i.e. special occasions and Bento Sushi for regular date nights. :) 
   

8. Favorite new thing you tried:
Blogging! I started back in the spring when I just couldn't get enough of stalking other blogs and knew I wanted to share things in my own classroom! 

7. Favorite gift you got:
My beautiful diamond necklace my bf gave me for Christmas. It was his mom's diamond and has special meaning. He put it into a simply elegant setting on a necklace for me and surprised me completely! 

6. Favorite thing you pinned:
Ohh this is going to be hard...I actually have to look back at pins and there are just so many. I've made so many things for my house, parties, and classroom this year from Pinterest. I have also found inspiration for fun home workouts and style. But this has to be my favorite pin and I can't wait to make this in February for my darling first graders.
now to find the heart pan...this would be so cute for valentines day!

5. Favorite blog post: Team meeting, my first students, and more of my classroom! I can just feel the excitement of the new year and energy I have about teaching when reading that post. It helps me remember how hard I worked at the beginning of the year and how far I've already gone this year!

4. Best accomplishment: 
Graduating from graduate school from University of Central Florida with a Master in Reading Education. It was so much hard work but well worth it all in the end! 

Selling activities of TPT! I was so happy to start creating activities because I needed material for my enrichment group and I remember being so thrilled that someone else would want my products as well. I feel like this is my best accomplishment this year and hope to create even more great products for teachers in the 2012.

3. Favorite picture:
Costa Rica Vacation :) pure bliss 


Spending time with my family in Austin, Texas. 


2. Favorite memory:
My brother's wedding! It was such a joyful occasion and it was wonderful to be surrounded by family and friends. 

Our families together! 
My brother and I.

My bf and I. 

1. Goal for 2012: To stay fit, work hard, be positive, take trips, laugh, love and live life to the fullest! 

13 comments:

  1. I loved the book, too...waiting to go see the movie =)
    Great pics! (I tried the crayon melt thing...mine was a disaster- but I plan on trying again this year! lol)
    Jennifer
    First Grade Blue SKies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your graduation! What a wonderful accomplishment!!!
    I just saw the Girl With The Dragon Tatoo on Christmas Eve. (since I'm Jewish) :) I love it! Great adaptation of the book.
    You & your bf look beautiful together in your brother's wedding pics.

    Also, I have a New Year Resolution linky party & a questioner on my blog that I would really love your feedback on. Please stop by and give me your opinion.

    Thanks!!!

    ❤ Mor Zrihen ❤
    A Teacher's Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up!!
    I would like to try that crayon melt thing. But it makes me nervous.
    LOVE your hair for your brother's wedding. ADORABLE.
    Would love to go to Costa Rica. WOW!!!!
    Congratulations on your Masters!
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your graduation! I am currently working on my masters too. I will be done next December. (one more year woohoo!) I love your blog and I love reading. It is truly my favorite subject to teach!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful couple you 2 are!!! Your vaca pic looks amazing!!! Wow! I tried to read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.....I couldn't get into it....Why???? I have heard it is awesome but just couldn't do it!!! Maybe too much on my mind...lol! Reading The Help now.

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you ladies for all the comments! Y'all are too sweet!

    @ Mor I will be joining your linky party tomorrow!

    @ Tara Try watching the movie and then maybe you'll get more into the book. I can see where it would be a lot to take in during the holiday season but you should try it again. The Help was a wonderful book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl with the Dragon Tattoo really depressed me, but in a weird way that I kind of enjoyed- is that sick?

    New follower!

    Buzzing with Ms. B

    ReplyDelete
  8. I pinned that crayon thing too and I was thinking of putting it as my favorite pin!! I want to make it too. I hope it works!!!

    Marvelous Multiagers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really liked The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo! Daniel Craig was great. Oh and I have a thing for Erik Northman. :)
    That is a great picture of you and your boyfriend.
    I'm a new follower!

    Adventures of a Third Grade Teacher
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm your newest follower. Everything on here looks awesome!

    applesandpapers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved reading your 11. What a beautiful family and I'm sure the students love having such a pretty teacher! My daughter and I both Pinned the crayons, we use to make them when she was little...it is a lot of fun!
    Happy New Year,
    ~Fern
    Fern Smith’s Classroom Ideas!
    Fern Smith’s Pinterest Boards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the trilogy books of "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo." You may be interested in what I thought of the English dubbed movie. Hope you'll visit. I'm following you from the K Expo Linky Party. You look so happy. Congratulations - a bf giving you a family diamond necklace - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for all your wonderful comments and for being followers! I read each and everyone of them with a smile!

    ReplyDelete