Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

First Week of December Must Reads!

HO HO HO!
Did you know?
These are some great books
That you should show! 
To fill your students minds
With thoughts of holiday times!

Here is a list of my must reads for the first week of December with my students! There are just so many holiday books I thought I would share them during each week leading up to Christmas. Enjoy! 


Gingerbread Books: 


I love to read a few gingerbread stories to compare and contrast them and see which one is the students favorite.


If you haven't read about the smarter, sweeter gingerbread girl who leaps and twirls I highly recommend you get this book! It is always a class favorite with boys and girls because of the twist at the end!



This little baby is too adorable and it is so fun to build gingerbread houses after reading this book! 

The Gingerbread Man Loose in the School

A new favorite that our librarian read to my class this week! 


Happy Reading! 


P.S. I thinking about reading the Hunger Games...is it too much of a teen novel or is it for all ages? I would love to know and hear your feedback about the books! 

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the book suggestions! Can't wait to add them to my Amazon cart. DEFINITELY read the Hunger Games! I was hesitant at first, too, but I just finished rereading them for the 5th time and can't wait for the movie. You'll love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting. My gingerbread unit is one of my favorites! I have not heard of the Gingerbread Man Loose in the School. It looks too cute not to get though. :-)

    First Grade Delight
    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your book suggestions! Oh...and you HAVE to read The Hunger Games...the series is AMAZING!!!

    Gladys
    http://teachinginhighheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies! I will be buying The Hunger Games on my Kindle this weekend! :) I would today but I know if it's a great book I'll be up all night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would definitely read the Hunger Games. It is a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list of books!


    Also, just wanted to stop by and share my new GIVEAWAY with you :)
    You can WIN a $20 Gift Card for Amazon and shop till you drop :)

    Come by & enter to WIN!
    http://www.ateacherstreasure.com/2011/11/treasured-giveaway-20-amazon-gift-card.html

    Happy Holidays!

    ❤ Mor Zrihen ❤
    A Teacher's Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are reading Gingerbread stories as well. We've read two Gingerbread Man stories, the Gingerbread Boy, the Gingerbread Baby (Jan Brett), and the Matzo Ball Man. Stop That Pickle! and the Gingerbread Girl are on their way from our Bookmobile. I also ordered the Jalapeno Man last night. Can't wait to see that one! :)

    Melly<><

    Stapler’s Strategies for Sizzlin' Second Graders!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of your gingerbread picks. I am reading The Runaway Latkes this week and hoping to make latkes for my kids to make as well.

    Thanks for linking up. :)
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete