Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

What I'm Loving Wednesday

1. I am LOVING the fact that my kids are into writing workshop! My students wrote for 6 minutes today on their own. One student even said she wrote two stories. :) We are going to making heart maps for the front of our journals tomorrow!


2. I am LOVING that my students are really getting into our routine and know what to expect each day. They know to write down their homework, get out their binders, and pick new books if they finish. It is becoming so much easier everyday!



3. I am LOVING J. Meacham's Writier's Workshop Mini Lessons! My team was just talking about how we needed something to guide us more in writing and then I came across this! I love the literature she uses too!




4. I am LOVING that our principal let us leave with the kids today on a early day! Early day is every Wednesday and students get out an hour earlier. Most of the time we have faculty meetings or professional development but today we got to go! Our principal will say on the morning announcements that she is seeing stars- which means we can leave early. Not that I actually left on time...but I still got home at 3:30 which is a record early for this school year!

5. I am LOVING Blake Shelton's song God Gave Me You. It reminds me of all the really important people in my life that help me get through my ups and downs. It makes me smile to realize I have so many wonderful people that I love and are here for me!

6. I am LOVING Pinterest! I got these two ideas from there and I think they came out really cute!
This is a little different than other people's bulletin boards but it is the same idea! 
This is a magnet for parents to put their child's work up on the fridge. The sign the children are holding up I got from Pinterest it says "I am a first grader!" The poem says: I made this special magnet on the very first day so that my first grade work will always be on display! 

Hope your having a great week and happy Wednesday!


11 comments:

  1. Jess,
    You are awesome!
    Read this post....http://candokinders.blogspot.com/2011/09/out-of-this-world-blogs.html
    You can pick up your award here!http://bit.ly/rtHPbL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your "I'm lovin'" post. It's such a happy, feel good post.
    I'm your newest follower :) Have a great day!

    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea! I am going to create one at the beginning of this year. Parents and kids will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! Plan on doing this first day of school. How did you get the paper to stick to the clothes pin? Glue or hot glue?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just clipped it with the clothes pin but this year I'm going to hot glue it to the outside. I hot glued their pictures on there and know that they stayed all year. I am tutoring one of my old students this summer and his mom still has her magnet on her fridge with his art work hanging. :) I had my kids take the picture the first day of school but couldn't get the magnet home until that Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jess,

    I just found your blog through pinterest and am loving it! What type of magnet did you use on the back of the clothespins? I would love to prep that part over the summer :)

    Mary
    Adventures in Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use a sticky strip magnet. It usually come in a roll at Target. It doesn't take long at all to do! Last year to reinforce the stickiness I hot glued the magnet to the back of the clothes pin. Glad you found my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw this idea last year but didn't get a chance to do it. Do you still have a link/copy of the poster the student is holding? Or do you know where I can download it?

    ReplyDelete